Message from Sharon in Turkmenistan

  • chapinr75081
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2003
      March 22, 2003

      Dear Friends,

      I know that some of you may be wondering and maybe even worrying
      that we are in some danger here in Turkmenistan due to the war in
      Iraq. So I just wanted to let you know that all is well here. We are
      more than 1,000 miles from Iraq and share no borders or other kinds
      of relations with Iraq. The Turkmenistan government is fiercely
      neutral and guards its neutrality on every front. So barring some
      catastrophe I cannot imagine anything related to this war that could
      affect us here in Turkmenistan.

      Of course all Americans have all been cautioned to be aware of what
      is happening and to maintain vigilance –just as every American in the
      world has been cautioned. And I truly believe we are safer here in
      Turkmenistan that we would be in the US or the UK right now. I hope
      you and your families are well.

      Look for another update on life in Turkmenistan soon!

      Sharon