Job Opportunity

  • Katie Mulosia
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2014
      Hello RPCVs!

      The agency I work for, AIDS Arms, is developing a new program and hiring two Community Health Workers. I thought we might have some RPCVs who would fit the bill and maybe be interested. I copied & pasted the job description & requirements - more info on how to apply is here https://www.companycareersite.com/JobDetails.aspx?key=~~EAAAAHjz%2bukfW2e%2fDmrh6ViHcmcX%2b%2bz2AiakHd9DLdU18Uqz

      We have several other positions open right now as well as some coming up soon so if it sounds like something that might be up your alley check out our careers page: http://www.aidsarms.org/careers-new/

      Job Description

      AIDS Arms Inc. (AAI) is seeking Promotores de Salud for an exciting new federally funded Special Project of National Significance (SPNS) focusing on developing Culturally Appropriate Interventions of Outreach, Access and Retention among Latino/a Populations - Viviendo Valiente. These positions are responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships within the Mexican Community, providing individual and group guidance to engage people in healthcare especially in the context of HIV and providing group programs. The Promotores will also participate in social networking and promote participatory event planning and implementation.

      Requirements

      Requirements for the position include a Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, or other related discipline. Significant experience in the field will be considered in lieu of a degree. We are looking for individuals with a high level of understanding of the Mexican community who are bilingual in Spanish/English, and who have a proven ability to build and sustain successful collaborations with community members, community partners and stakeholders. The position requires proficiency in Word, Outlook and data entry into electronic databases, as well as the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.