Peace Corps Day

  • kate Vieira
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2003
      Hi all!

      I'm trying to put together a Peace Corps Day activity at my school for March 5th.  If anyone can get the morning off of work (or is currently out of work!), please consider joining some of us at Martinez Elementary to give a short (20-30 minute) presentation about your host country to a few different classes of sixth graders (15 - 20 per class).  There will be a teacher present at all times, so you will not be fed to the little wolves!  These kids are studying "World Geography," but have few experiences that make this subject real to them.  You will provide the proof that I'm not making it all up, and of course, be fulfilling Peace Corps' third goal!  If you are interested, please let me know by the end of the week by email or in the evenings by phone (214) 824-7297.

      Thanks!

      Kate