Re: [N Tx Peace Corps] Reminder: PC Office participation with Pride Parade Sunday

  • dallasmjm
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2013
      Regional Manager that is. :)
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      Please pardon any typos

      From: dallasmjm@...
      Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 00:27:47 +0000
      To: Robert Phelan<centuri@...>; North_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com<north_texas_peace_corps@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: dallasmjm@...
      Subject: Re: [N Tx Peace Corps] Reminder: PC Office participation with Pride Parade Sunday

      Please join us and bring friends!

      Mike McKay
      Regional Manafwe
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
      Please pardon any typos

      From: Robert Phelan <centuri@...>
      Sender: North_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:23:09 -0500
      To: north_texas_peace_corps@yahoogroups.com<north_texas_peace_corps@yahoogroups.com>

      Just a reminder that the Peace Corps office in Dallas will have a booth and marching spot in the Pride Parade on September 15th. They're looking for some volunteers to walk in the parade and/or help man the booth. Please see the information below if you'd like to help out:

      "We are looking for any RPCVs that want to march with us in the pride parade. It’s Sunday September 15th. We can start lining up at 10 am, all entries have to be there by 12 pm, and the parade starts at 2pm. We have some country flags for people to carry, a banner, and some signs that say we take same sex couple applications. The festival starts at 12pm to 8pm, and I am looking for a few volunteers for that for a few hours.

      The parade entry for Peace Corps is #47. This is an odd number and the entry will be staged on the Wycliff Avenue staging area. Peace Corps will need to enter Wycliff Avenue by using Maple Avenue. The entry staging will be on Wycliff Avenue between Dickason Avenue and Hartford Street. The location will be on the right side of the street. We may enter the staging area at 10:15am, and people need to be there by 1:30pm. The parade starts at exactly 2pm. People can email me at tjohnson3@... if they want to volunteer, march with us, or if they have any questions.

      For a map of the staging area, click here: http://www.ntxpca.org/2013PrideParadeMap.pdf

      Please reach out to Kyle (tjohnson3@...) if you'd like to take part. I know a lot of our Dallas folks are planning to participate, and I'm sure we can find some social activity to partake in after the event if anyone is interested.

      Thanks,
      Rob Phelan
      Morocco 04-06