Reminder: Hearts and Hammers House Fix-up -- Sat., Sept. 21, 7:30 AM

  • North_Texas_Peace_Corps-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2013
      Remember: Bring paintbrushes, scrapers, ladders and a bundle of energy and get ready for HEARTS AND HAMMERS 2013 on Saturday, 9/21/13!

      We will once again celebrate our commitment to sharing our skills with others and making the world a better place on our workday, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 7:30 am.

      Hearts and Hammers is an all volunteer organization founded by Dallas RPCV Bob Walker in 1984 to assist elderly and disabled Dallas homeowners.

      This year our N. Texas Peace Corps Association house is at 4160 Clark College Dr., in South Dallas near Paul Quinn College. Our homeowner is Mrs. Jennifer Peterson, who is disabled due to nerve damage. She grew up in the house, left in adulthood, returned and has lived in the house for the past 10 years.

      The work the house needs is straightforward. We will scrape, paint, replace rotted wood, and built a front walk handrail. With 15-20 folks we should finish the house in the early afternoon."

      Contact Gary Zimmy if you have questions at zimzim9@....