Hearts and Hammers -- Saturday, September 21, 2013, -- just after sunrise

  • Ed and Maria Hromatka
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2013

      This year our annual Hearts and Hammers fix-up project is the house of Mrs. Jennifer Peterson,  located at 4160 Clark College Drive in South Oak Cliff  We begin our community service work on Saturday,  September 21, 2013, around 7:30 AM.  (Located near Paul Quinn College, the house is about 5 blocks north of I-20  and a little west of I-45.)

      The homeowner  Jennifer Peterson is disabled due to nerve damage.  The work the house needs is straightforward.   We will scrape, paint, replace rotted wood, and built a front walk handrail.

      Please bring your own paint brushes, paint scrappers, drinking water, and empty milk cartons.   Also, brings any ladders and small tools that you might already have.

      Hearts and Hammers is an all volunteer organization founded by Dallas RPCV Bob Walker in 1984 to assist elderly and disabled Dallas homeowners.

      With 15-20 folks, we should finish the house in the early afternoon.