Lots of RPCV activities this month!

  • Robert Phelan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2013
      Hi (again) everyone!
      So we just finished up a great Happy Hour at Gloria's in Oak Cliff with 15 people in attendance, and it reminded me of just how many events we have coming up in the next month and a half. I wanted to send out a quick summary/reminder email and give folks a chance to maybe put some of these items on their calendars.

      For full details of all the events below, please visit http://www.ntxpca.org/events.html also keep an eye on the Facebook page or Yahoo group for reminder messages as we get closer to each event!

      September 8th @ 6:00pm: Fort Worth Happy Hour @ Flying Saucer FTW

      September 15th @ 12PM: Peace Corps office participation in Pride Parade. Volunteers needed.
      Join members of the Dallas PC Office in promoting Peace Corps service during the annual pride parade here in Dallas. Volunteers can help out in the booth or march in the parade, and should arrive by 12PM.

      September 21st @ 7:30am: Heart and Hammers:
      Put your hands to good work repairing the home of a disabled homeowner in South Dallas. No experience or tools are needed, just bring yourself and maybe a friend and some bottles of water and we'll find a job for you! This event is held every year and is always a great success. Other organizations will be working on additional houses in the area, making a huge difference throughout the neighborhood.

      October 12th: International Dinner & Fundraiser:
      Our ever-popular International dinner is coming up again, and that means it's time again for amazing food and great company; all in the name of doing good work around the world! As always we'll be looking for cooks and volunteers to help run the event, but more importantly we're counting on you to bring yourselves, your friends and anyone else who might enjoy getting a taste of the world while supporting PCVs in the field. Early admission is a $20 donation, other details such as time and location will be coming shortly.

      Please shoot me a note if you have any questions at all about the upcoming events. Hope we'll see you at some (or all) of them!

      Thanks,
      Rob Phelan
      Morocco 04-06