Volunteers needed for Pride Parade

  • Robert Phelan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2013
      Hi Everyone!
      Just wanted to put a heads-up out there that the Peace Corps office in Dallas will have a booth and marching spot in the Pride Parade on September 15th. They're looking for some volunteers to walk in the parade and/or help man the booth. Please see the information below if you'd like to help out:

      "We are looking for any RPCVs that want to march with us in the pride parade. It’s Sunday September 15th. We can start lining up at 10 am, all entries have to be there by 12 pm, and the parade starts at 2pm. We have some country flags for people to carry, a banner, and some signs that say we take same sex couple applications. The festival starts at 12pm to 8pm, and I am looking for a few volunteers for that for a few hours. People can email me at tjohnson3@... if they want to volunteer, march with us, or if they have any questions."

      Please reach out to Kyle (tjohnson3@...) if you'd like to take part. I know a lot of our Dallas folks are planning to participate, and I'm sure we can find some social activity to partake in after the event if anyone is interested.

      Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!
      -Rob Phelan
      Morocco 04-06