Needed: Nine or so Cooks for April 27

  • Ed and Maria Hromatka
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013

      Spring is coming; so that means it is time for another Peace Corps International Dinner.

      However, instead of emphasizing one region, "Eating around the World" is this spring's multi-ethnic theme.  Right now we are recruiting a few good cooks to prepare the food for our international feast on the evening on Saturday, April 27.

      Mary Beth Mayer (RPCV/Honduras) and her husband Sam are this spring’s hosts.  While in the past, we have had an International Dinner in Southwest Fort Worth, a couple near the FW Zoo, and two in Arlington, this is the first time that this NTPCA event is being held in North Tarrant County (in the North Richland Hills area).  Mary Beth and Sam's address is:7801 Parkwood Plaza Drive, Fort Worth, 76137

       (Dallasites, don't panic; it is easy to get there -- only about ten miles west of DFW airport.)

      Each year the proceeds from the International Dinners are used to fund a Peace Corps Partnership project.  The RPCV cooks (who are admitted free to the dinner along with a spouse/friend) prepare the unique ethnic foods while the others (including non-RPCV friends and relatives) make a $20 donation to the Peace Corps Partnership Program.  (That is, $20 with advance reservations; otherwise, $25 at the door.)

      Evites will soon be forthcoming for non-cooks.

       In summary, we need 8 or 9 cooks to prepare an ethnic dish.  There is undoubtedly some unusual delicacy that you loved back in your old host country and are dying to make again.

      In closing, please consider volunteering to cook and then notify Ed Hromatka by phone, text or email in the next ten days.  If you have any questions on the cooking arrangement, ask Ed.

      Ed Hromatka
      RPCV/Ecuador
      1-972-722-5254 - land
      214-564-7201- cell