Peace Corps documentary

  • Allen Mondell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012

      Hello Everyone,
      This is for those of you who missed the premiere of the documentary film WAGING PEACE: The Peace Corps Experience, that was co-presented by the NTPCA, The Sixth Floor Museum and Southern Methodist University at SMU in late June.

      I've loved making this film. I hope you'll be able to watch it with those who might enjoy seeing what so many of us from all parts of the world went through.

      I'm selling the Home DVD for $25 (plus $2.06 Texas sales tax) plus $10 shipping and handling for a total of $37.06. You are certainly welcome to come by my office and avoid the shipping cost. The DVD has the 71 minute documentary, a 37 minute interview with John Coyne and an 82 minute panel discussion with four well-known Peace Corps writers.

      Please note that this price is for Home Use only and not for screenings in educational institutions and community groups where we charge a higher rate. We want you to purchase the Home DVD, but please understand that the educational market is an important source of revenue for us; it allows us to pay for the costs of making the film and doing outreach with it.

      If you go to www.mediaprojects.org, you'll find the order form for all these options. You're also welcome to send a check to Media Projects, 5215 Homer Street, Dallas, TX 75206. If you have any questions, you can email me at allen@... or call 214-826-3863.

      I could also use your help. I am trying to reach Peace Corps and community groups to encourage screenings. If you have any suggestions, let me know. I feel this film will encourage people to either volunteer in their communities or consider joining the Peace Corps.

      The next public screening will be at the UT Dallas Cinemateque on Wednesday, October 3rd, 7:30 PM at Jonsson Performance Hall.

      All the best,
      Allen Mondell