: NTPCA Party -- Steering Committee Meeting, Monday, Sept 3 at 6 PM

  • Ed and Maria Hromatka
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2012

      First, please understand that the North Texas Peace Corps Association (NTPCA) meetings are probably 40 % business and 60 % social.

      Further, NTPCA does not have an Executive Board; it merely has a "Steering Committee."  This means that any Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (or a Peace Corps supporter) can join in and do
      as much -- or as little -- as one desires.  One can sit back and just enjoy the beer and the socializing.  One can speak up and offer an opinion or two.  Or one can choose to become more active and
      participate in a project -- or lead it.

      In short, everyone is welcomed to join our next Steering Committee meeting on Labor Day  Monday evening, September 3 at 6:00 PM at Ozonas.

      While we try to maintain somewhat of a party attitude, we do have some serious topics to discuss:  planning the next International Dinner on October 6, organizing the Hearts and Hammers home fix-up on September 22, meeting with the Peace Corps official from Washington DC at the September 27 Happy Hour, deciding the locations of future Fort Worth and the Dallas Happy Hours, etc.

      Ozonas is at  4615 Greenville Ave at Dryer -- about six or so blocks north of Mockingbird Lane and the Angelika Theatre.   From 4 to 7 PM, Ozonas has $1 off all bar drinks, complimentary chips and salsa, and $1.95 Queso.  It also has, in my opinion, the best Chile Rellenos in North Texas.  For more information on Ozona's, see http://www.ozonagrill.com/page/home.
      In short, we'll see you at Ozonas next Monday.