FW RPCV Gathering to Discuss Peace Corps Funding - August 13th

  • Erin Finn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2012
      Hello to all RPCVs living in Fort Worth or in areas west or north of FW (Parker County, Wise County, etc.)- anyone living in the 12th district.  We are meeting with a State Dept. employee, RPCV Scott Alexander (Kenya 1997-1999), who is currently working in Representative Kay Granger's office on the evening of Monday, August 13th at Brian & Fran's house at 7:00.  Scott will give a short overview of how Ms. Granger serves as Chair for the appropriations process (the committee which funds Peace Corps), some of the challenges that the foreign affairs budget always faces, and maybe just few observations on how he sees the process working.  He would like to learn from us how we have used our PC experience to impact Fort Worth- really goal #3 of PC- helping Americans know more about the countries we served in.

      We would like to invite all RPCVs living in district 12.  Brian & Fran live in the TCU area & will provide some sodas, iced tea, and a few snacks.  I will also bring a couple bottles if wine - guests are also welcome to bring additional snacks or drinks if they like.  Their info is:

      Brian Glenn & Fran Huckaby
      3400 Harwen Terrace
      Fort Worth, TX 76109
      Brian's cell phone:  817-501-7090