Ten Cooks Needed for Fund Raiser Dinner on Saturday, April 21

  • Ed and/or Maria Hromatka
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2012

       Urgent!  African Cooks Needed for Saturday, April 21

      What was your favorite dish while serving in Africa or Afro-Caribbean? Or do you have a favorite exotic dish which has a dash of Afro-flare?   Why don’t you share it?

       We need about 10 volunteer cooks to prepare African-style dishes for our spring fundraiser dinner on April 21

      .  (By the way, it is easy to google new Afro-recipes.)

      The idea is simple, a group of African RPCVs -- or any  adventurous cooks who want to try preparing African foods -- prepare the dinner and the others pay $20 (if paid in advance) for the food which is then donated to the Peace Corps Partnership program. For example, the proceeds of several of our last fund raisers have helped PCVs projects  in diverse places like Ukraine, Fiji, and Ecuador.   (Cooks and their spouse/significant other do not need to pay.)

      In short, we need several cooks to prepare food enough to serve 15-20 people on April 21.  Won't you volunteer to cook?

      By March 30, please respond  to  this cook request to Gillian Grant (RPCV/Central African Republic) at gilliansalad@... .