NTPCA Annual Meeting & Pot Luck Dinner: This Saturday at 6:00 PM

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2012

      NTPCA Annual Meeting & Pot Luck Dinner: This Saturday, January 28th, at 6:00 PM

      Once again it is time for the North Texas Peace Corps Association (NTPCA) Annual Business Meeting.  We will review the achievements of 2011 including the Gala Dinner and fundraiser, Hearts and Hammers, the pool party and other activities during 2011.

      A major task will again be deciding which Peace Corps Partnership programs to support with the funds raised during the year. We will review the available projects open prior to the meeting and select some five or six to discuss and decide on for funding. If you are interested in looking at all the projects that are open for funding go to

      https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.donatenow for further details.

      We will start with a short reception at 6:00pm and the business meeting at 6:30pm. A potluck dinner will follow. Coffee and soft drinks will be provided and BYOB for those preferring other types of refreshments. The meeting will also vote on electing new officers to help run the NTPCA during the year. We are always open for people willing to actively participate in the leadership of our group or in various projects we have during the year. It is also a time to talk about what is going on with the Peace Corps and the National Peace Corps Association as well as where we envision taking the NTPCA over the next year. Our discussion will depend on what is at hand at the time. So even if you are not intending to run for office, you may still be interested in attending to learn what the NTPCA is doing.

      If you are interested in taking a more active role the organization please forward your interest to Gary Zimny (zimzim9@...) prior to the meeting.

      This yearÂ’s annual meeting will be at the home of Roger and Kathy Chapin at 613 Harvest Glen Dr., Richardson, TX, just north of the Richland Community College. Exit north on Abrams from I-635 just east of US 75. Drive north one mile and turn right on Walnut St. Go about 0.3 mi. and turn left on Richland Park. Go four blocks and turn right on Harvest Glen Drive to reach the house.