Update from Colombia

  • ShirleyS
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2011
      Good afternoon from Peace Corps Response in Barranquilla, Colombia. Today we swore in the first group of PCVs here in Barranquilla, Colombia - Cll-3 (where 1 and 2 were Response Volunteers). The ceremony was awesome and attended by the Chief of Staff for Peace Corps out of Washington, Mr. Stacey Rhodes, as well as the Mayor, the governor of Atlántico, The US Ambassador to Colombia as well as a representative from Friends of Colombia and C1 - 1961. We were treated to a showing of "Hijos de Kennedy" as well as the new video "El Compromiso Continúa ..." which is s documentary that will be shown on TV here in Colombia to re-introduce Peace Corps to the people of Colombia. Hopefully it will eventually be up on YouTube.

      For those of you Colombia RPCVs, the program is well received by the general population and fondly remembered by those who remember PC from the earlier years. I am sure there will be a more formal write up on the newsletter from FOC.

      Shirley
      PCRV Colombia, 2011-2012