Help support PC legislation

  • Allen Mondell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2011
      I'm not sure I'm doing this the right way, but I think what I've copied below would be of interest to the Association.

      Allen Mondell

      First Response Action is reporting that today, Thursday June 23rd at 2:15 p.m. EST, Congressman Poe and Senator Isakson will introduce legislation to support Volunteers who report or experience crime.

      The legislation, The Kate Puzey Peace Corps Safety and Security Act, is the product of both Congressman Poe and Senator Isakson working closely with the Peace Corps, First Response Action and Kate’s Voice.  The Peace Corps has expressed “verbal support” for the bill and a press release is anticipated following the press conference on Thursday.