Sarg Shriver's Son at Living Village Dedication at SMU, 4/11/2011, 4:15 pm

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2011

      Title:  Sarg Shriver's Son at Living Village Dedication at SMU

      Date: Monday April 11, 2011
      Time: 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2 days, 3 minutes.
      Notes: Join us as we celebrate the official opening of the Living Village, dedicated to the late Sargent Shriver, founder and first director of the Peace Corps. This year marks the 50th Anniversary of the Peace Corps.

      We are honored to have Anthony Shriver speak about his father’s legacy. David Chard, former Peace Corps volunteer in Lesotho, Africa, will speak about the history of the Peace Corps and its broad impact.

      David J. Chard, Dean, Simmons School of Education & Human Development, SMU

      Hunter L. Hunt, Founder, Hunt Institute for Engineering &
      Humanity, SMU

      Geoffrey C. Orsak, Dean, Lyle School of Engineering, SMU
      Anthony Shriver, Founder & Chairman, Best Buddies
      International

      R. Gerald Turner, President, SMU
      Free & open to the public