Peace Corps' "Global Open House" on Tuesday, March 1 in Rockwall

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2011

      It’s birthday party time!  Make plans to join one of the DFW area's "Global Open House" at 7:30 P.M. on Tuesday, March 1 at Ed and Maria Hromatka’s home at 1513 Ridgetop Court, Rockwall to celebrate Peace Corps' 50th birthday.  (As you may already know, on March 1, 1961, President John F. Kennedy signed the Executive Order creating the Peace Corps.)

      NTPCA’s March 1 gathering in Rockwall is one of the 694 "Global Open Houses" being held around the country and around the world to celebrate Peace Corps' birthday.  (A second open house is planned at the First Congregational Church, UCC, at 4201 Trail Lake Drive, Fort Worth, 76109 on Saturday, March 5, at 4:00 PM.)

      All Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and their families as well as any friends of the ideals of the Peace Corps to welcomed to enjoy the wine, cheese, and birthday cake. (Okay, soft drinks and some other snacks too.)

      No need to bring anything but optional non-perishable food items to be donated to the local food bank are welcomed.

      While the Hromatka’s home might at first appear to be a little far for a few of you, it is very easy to find:

      • From the I-635 and I-30 interchange in Mesquite, take I-30 east (toward Texarkana).
      • Cross the double bridge span over Lake Ray Hubbard, continue on I-30, and turn right at Exit 68 on to State Highway 205 (AKA Goliad).
      • Continue southeast exactly one mile and turn left at Walnut Ridge at the "Hickory Ridge" Development sign.
      • Pass three houses and turn right on Misty Ridge.
      • Pass one more house and turn right into the small Ridgetop Court cul-de-sac – 1513 Ridgetop Court – the second house on the right.

      While a RSVP's is NOT really necessary, Ed and Maria Hromatka would appreciate an email or call at 214-564-7201 to say you are coming if you can.