Finally, the Peace Corps pictures you can see

  • carl youngberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2011

    Sorry that my first mailing of my Peace Corps pictures I am taking down to the Latino Cultural Center for the Peace Corps photo exhibit couldn’t open.  These are better, thanks to my SMU Colleague Rob Hull, who scanned each one for this.

    Just a quick recap.  Three Peace Corps buddies (Carl Kalb, Alan Stahl and I) went on a trip of a life time (more than we knew) to the Amazon.  Stopped on an island in the Caribbean, then to Bogota (pre drugs), then down to Leticia, Colombia where things came to halt. Leticia has approximately 33,000 inhabitants on the left bank of the Amazon river, and is located at the point where Colombia, Brazil and Peru come together in an area called Tres Fronteras.

    Our boat trip up the Amazon was in dry dock.  We were thus stuck in one of the worst towns ever right on the Amazon.   We sign up for a flight to Iquitos, Peru on a PBY Catalina, a WWII flying seaplane departing in 7 days.  We get on board and the plane finally takes off and eventually we land in Iquitos.  The next day, as we depart for Lima, a headline screams, PBY Catalina flips and sinks in the Amazon right after our flight.  I kiss the tarmac (no photo).  Go on to Lima, Quito, Panama and then home to Tegucigalpa, Honduras.  These are the pictures along the way.  It was a time and place long gone now.  Thought you might enjoy.  Best, Carl

    Carl Youngberg Make Yourself Matter book cover

    Carl Youngberg Make Yourself Matter book cover Regards,

    Carl Youngberg

    Professional Speaker & Author

    The best selling keynote and workshop is NOW the book!

    Phone 972-690-8412   Fax 413-723-8703

    Click here to see Carl present  http://www.concepts3inc.com/video/