Christmas Party

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2010
      IT'S CHRISTMAS PARTY TIME!

      Mark your calendars NOW for our N. TX Peace Corps annual Christmas Party!

      Saturday December 11 at 6:30 at Gary (Solomon Islands '77-80) and Judy Zimny's home at 3839 Valley Lawn Place in north Dallas.  From Midway and Royal go west on Royal, go right on Rosser (5th street), then left on Valley Lawn (2nd street). Gary's cell 214.649.3637.

      This is a pot luck dinner party with BYOB Happy Hour!  So bring your best dish from your home country, or your favoritest Christmas food, or some yummy take-out--no rules or themes! Just bring something and the sideboard will be groaning!

      Speaking of food, please also bring some non-perishables for North Texas Food Bank.  Right now there is SO MUCH need, people YOU know may be helped by NTFB, so remember and we'll fill 5 boxes.

      Gifts?  We got you covered!  The gorgeous and historic RPCV-Madison 50th Anniversary International Calendar will be available for you to buy!  Each month features one of the original Peace Corps countries, a lovely gift for your friends, family, and boss.  Or yourself! At $10 each they are a perfect value.

      Remember, too, that our longtime member and film maker Allen Mondell (Sierra Leone), is making a documentary on the Peace Corps experience, and is asking for your letters, journals, blogs, and articles you wrote while in your host countries.  Your honest, personal, revealing and surprising impressions of life in-country, your coping with daily life in a different culture, could be included in the documentary.  Please root around for these letters, get them back from your family and friends, and bring to the party and talk with Allen.  His website is www.mediaprojects.org.

      No party RSVP needed, children, pets and aliens welcome, and we'll see you there! .