Citizenship classes

  • kna98
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2010
      I will be tutoring a citizenship class in January in conjunction with Catholic Charities. I am looking for resources along the lines of visual aids and video programs to simplify the content of the course for limited English language speakers. Topics include basic geography, history and government. (US maps and world maps, 3-branch government diagrams, TX Congressional districts, native American tribe info, presidents and timelines--Civil War,WWI, WWII, etc.)
      If you have led one of these classes or are a primary or middle school teacher of history and geography and have any resources you would like to share, please get in touch. I would like to create a bank to supplement the resources presently available to the volunteers who lead these classes for immigrants and goverment-sponsored refugees. Lisa Abuhamad (kabuhamad@...)