Please share your cooking skills at our International Dinner!

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      Everyone

      In 10 days we are hosting another International Dinner-Latin American Flavors-and I am asking you to share your gourmet (or everyday) cooking with our guests!

      WE NEED COOKS!

      Like you know all the money we raise goes to funding Peace Corps Partnerships, and it's a great party.

      The Dinner is Saturday October 23, Happy Hour at 6pm and dinner at 7. It will be held at the home of Carl Youngberg and David McNair. Guests pay $20 with reservations and $25 at the door. Cooks attend at no charge.

      I am in charge of the kitchen and the food, and I ask that you prepare a dish of your choosing of 15 servings.  It can be a main dish (arroz con pollo, empenadas, bistec, etc), a side dish (beans and rice, rice and beans, yucca, ensalata, sopa etc) or a dessert (Blue Bell and Salvadoran cookies qualifies!).  You all have your favorite foods, or something you ate all the time in-country, or a special feast day dish, with an international flavor you know our guests will be delighted at and enjoy immensely.

      So please please think of what you can cook, and email or call me!

      WE NEED COOKS!

      If you don't have a preferred dish let me know and I'll suggest something.  I also have to be sure we have balance between main, side and dessert so I appreciate your early responses.

      Muchas gracias!

      Gary Zimny
      zimzim9@...
      214.649.3637