You're invited!

  • Gary Zimny
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2010

      GARDEN PARTY MEET AND GREET AND SENDOFF:

      LOCAL MAN HEADED TO PEACE CORPS DC EXEC POSITION

      SUNDAY MAY 23 3-5PM AT CARL AND DAVID’S HOUSE

      Mike McKay, current head of the Dallas Resource Center , is headed to Washington DC as Chief of Operations for Volunteer Recruitment and Selection for Peace Corps!  We’re very excited that another Dallasite will be working at a high level building the organization we believe in so strongly.  Peace Corps aims to have 10,000 volunteers serving abroad during its 50th anniversary year, 2011, and is actively recruiting for more than 2,000 new opportunities. This would be approximately a one-third increase of volunteers from the 7,600 volunteers who were serving in 76 countries at the end of 2009.

      We all need to help in this recruiting!

      Mike is eagerly looking forward to his Peace Corps posting, and the opportunity to meet Returned Volunteers to learn more about the Peace Corps experience.  Carl Youngberg and David McNair have graciously offered to host an informal sendoff party in their garden, and everyone is invited.

      Please plan on attending, and sharing with Mike your Peace Corps story and ideas to support our growth.

      Sunday May 23, 3-5pm, informal, light snacks (bring something if you like), BYOB, soft drinks provided.  309 N. Waterview Dr . , Richardson TX 75080 .  RSVP to Gary , zimzim9@..., or just show up!

      See you there!