National 50th Anniversary Events for 2010-2011

  • BonnieB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2010
      Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you some dates that I have for Peace Corps' 50th Anniversary Events. Here's what I've heard so far from the National Peace Corps Association:

      October 14,2010-University of Michigan-There will be an event to remember President Kennedy's vision statement.

      March 5, 2011-the Kennedy Library will commemorate the signing of the Peace Corps Proclamation.

      September 22-25, 2011-various events in Washington, D.C. including a gathering on the mall.

      As you can see, there aren't many detials available, yet. So, I'll post another message as soon as I have more news.

      Also, the Congressional Black Caucus will be in D.C. Sept. 22-25, so it will be harder to find hotels that weekend. I'll try to be prompt with information so that everyone can make plans as soon possible.

      Thanks!
      Bonnie