FW: [HOTPCA] FW: 90 USAID Openings in Afghanistan
- From the Austin RPCV group
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 20:00:36 -0500
Subject: [HOTPCA] FW: 90 USAID Openings in AfghanistanThis seems to be a likely opportunity for anyone wanting to break into international development overseas work. MSI is a great group to work for – one of my favorite clients. Working for them would definitely open other doors. Just wanted to send it out there in case anyone is interested.
MSI began an exciting project this week. USAID is dramatically enlarging their presence in Afghanistan, and has asked MSI to help by hiring 90 FSLs (Foreign Service Limited) by early November.
The positions cover a wide variety of general and technical skill sets, including General Development Officers, Contracts Officers and specialists in Agriculture, Engineering, Communications, Health, Education and Economic Growth. These new employees will directly support USAID’s mission to promote the rapid transition of Afghanistan to a more stable and productive state, and to promote democracy, rule of law, and sustainable economic and social development that is responsive to the Afghan citizens’ needs.
All postings will have a 1 year contract (renewable for up to 5 years), and a competitive benefits package including post differential and danger pay.
Since you have already registered with MSI’s database, you do not need to complete a new application to express interest in these new openings. Simply login using this e-mail address and your password, confirm that your profile and CV are up to date, and click “Add to my jobs.” We are already reviewing applications and will reach out to finalists shortly.
For more information on the project and to express interest in the openings, please click the link below:
http://tbe.taleo. net/NA8/ats/ careers/requisit ion.jsp?org= MSI&cws=2&rid=1035 <http://tbe.taleo. net/NA8/ats/ careers/requisit ion.jsp?org= MSI&cws=2&rid=1035>
Please also feel free to send this to colleagues who may be interested. This is an exciting time to be a part of USAID, and an exciting time to work in Afghanistan. We’re looking forward to working closely with USAID on this effort, and glad to have this opportunity to send so many of you to the field!
Director of Recruitment
Management Systems International
90 USAID Jobs in Afghanistan
USAID plans to deploy 90 Foreign Service Limited officers to Afghanistan by the end of 2009, and is looking for strong development and technical professionals for positions throughout the country. Candidates must be identified by early November and will undergo up to 6 weeks of training before deployment to Afghanistan.
This exciting and nearly unprecedented staffing increase will directly support USAID’s mission to promote the rapid transition of Afghanistan to a more stable and productive state, and to promote democracy, rule of law, and sustainable economic and social development that is responsive to the Afghan citizens’ needs.
These positions offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including substantial uplifts for post differential and danger pay. All positions are unaccompanied and require US Citizenship.
Positions/Technical Areas Include:
· Private Sector Development
· Roads and Buildings
· Energy and Water
· Alternative Livelihoods
· Civil Engineers
· Communications Officers
· Cost and Pricing Specialists
· Field Program Officers
· Infrastructure Advisors
· Property Administrators
· Water Resources/Urban Water
· General Development Officers
· Direct Budget Assistance
· Land Market Reform
· Trade and Customs
· Civil-Military Liaisons
· Security and Safety
· Acquisitions Officers
· Contracting Officers
· Transportation Sector Specialists
Responsibilities may include:
· Executing specific duties/responsibili ties in relation to each of the USAID national programs taking place in AOR (Area Of Responsibility) . Responsibilities may include mapping, reporting, monitoring, and/or advising.
· Orientation and training of new field staff, maintaining regular contact with individual field staff and travel to manage and support their activities.
· Working with USAID management and technical offices to modify current programs or design new projects to be nested within national programs through the Local and Community Development (LGCD) Program.
· Work with military and other civilian elements of the PRT and LGCD implementing partner in his/her AOR to identify, nominate and provide day-to-day management of projects.
· Participating in operational and resource allocation decisions.
· Establishing and maintaining contacts with representatives of local government and local communities as well as ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) military units, UN offices, NGOs, USAID institutional contractors and grantees, and other USG agencies.
· Prior field-based international development experience, ideally 4+ years; prior conflict zone experience strongly preferred
· BA +8 years work experience, or MA +6, PhD +5
· Prior experience on USAID funded programs and/or within USAID
· Knowledge of Pashto or Dari is advantageous.
· US Citizenship required.
· Current/Active Security clearance desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide. com <http://www.msiworld wide.com/> .
Project Management Intern
Management Systems International
Washington, DC USA
(Office) +1 202 484 7170 228
www.msiworldwide. com <http://www.msiworld wide.com/>
A Subsidiary of Coffey International, Ltd. coffey.com <http://www.coffey. com/>