More on Hearts and Hammers -- and Hammerdrill Needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2009

      Hearts and Hammers is taking place this Saturday, September 19, and we still need at least 10 more volunteers to help! It's only one day, but you'll still make a huge impact in Bertha's life and for her community. We'll train you on the job, so if you can spare a couple of hours this Saturday morning (starting at 7:30), please join the fun at 3223 Sunnyvale St in South Dallas. Friends and family are welcome to join - so come out, meet some new friends and have a good time helping our community.

      If you can come, please call team captain Kyle Gifford at (573) 864-4706 or send him an email at kgifford@... (or use the prior EVITE).

      Please bring ladders/step ladders, caulk guns, paint brushes and putty knives if you have them, as well as water and sunscreen.

      Also, if anyone has a hammerdrill, we need one! Let me know if we can borrow it, even if you can't make it on Saturday.".

      Thanks so much - let me know if you need anything else.

      Kyle

      PS   Unlike recent years, we will not be joined by a crew of high school kids from Jesuit High School to help us; we are on our own.  The good news is that the house will not require much scrapping.

      Remember that Hearts and Hammers program was created by a couple RPCVs from Dallas.
      Ed