988All Texas RPCV Get-Together Aug 1-2 in Bandera, TX

    Jul 19 2:16 PM

    Hi Everyone -

    Please see the following information about our RPCV event on Aug 1-2 in Bandera.  Please let me know if you plan to meet us for dinner on Saturday night, as I'll need to make a reservation for a large group.  Feel free to forward this information or pass out the attached flyer to any other RPCVs who are interested in meeting us.  Looking forward to another great trip this year!  Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to RSVP.... Stacey

    Bandera august 1-2!!!!!

    Who: All Texas Gulf Coast RPCV's and their families / friends (Houston / San Antonio / Austin / Dallas)!

    What:  Annual RPCV Weekend Get-Together in Bandera, the cowboy capital of Texas (30 miles west of San Antonio)!

    Where/when to meet:

    ·       The river water levels are very low due to a Texas drought, so this year we will cool off at at the Flying L Water Park in Bandera 800-292-5134, website http://flyingl.com/index.php/activities/water-park.  Half price tickets are available after 3pm ($7.50 for children age 3-12 and $12.50 for age 12+).  See you there at 3pm on Sat., Aug 1!  Alternatively, there are markets and a Cowboys on Horseback event in downtown Bandera if you prefer: http://www.hill-country-visitor.com/Events.aspx?cityId=1.

    ·       Meet us for dinner Saturday night (August 1st), 7pm @ Texarita’s Mesquite Bar & Cantina, corner of Main and Oak Street at 703 Main.  Great food and margaritas in a family atmosphere.  Live music at 11th Street Cowboy Bar for those of us who are up for it after dinner!

    ·       Breakfast Sunday morning (August 2nd), 9:30am @ O.S.T. (great food and atmosphere!)  @ 305 Main Street in Bandera.

    Some convenient suggestions on available places to stay:

    ·        Pioneer  River Resort (cabins for up to 6 people & RV/camping with full hook-ups) 866-371-3751 or 830-796-3751 http://www.pioneerriverresort.com/

    ·        Hill Country State Natural Area (rustic camping for $3 children / $6 adults) http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/hill_country/

    ·        Hotel options available at http://www.travelpost.com/hotels/Bandera/d15288/p1

    Please RSVP for DINNER SATURDAY, AUG. 1 AT 7PM as Texarita’s is a popular spot!  Email Stacey at stacey_abella@... or call 832-668-6643