975Report on last night's Peace Corps Partnership Fund Raiser
- May 31, 2009The gross receipts at last night's International Fund Raiser for the Peace Corps Partnership Program were $765, one of our best ever fund raisers. After we deduct the cost of ice, soft drinks, papusas, etc., we expect to net well over $700.More importantly, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.A big thank you to Gary and Judy Zimny for hosting the event on two days notice after a family medical emergency forced the change of location from Arlington.Let us single out Bonnie Barron and her non-Peace Corps friends for doing so much of the organization, the invitations, and money collecting.Finally, let us all the applaud the fabulous cooks:
Thank you to every one for coming!Upcoming June events:
- Roger and Kathy Chapin -- flan and three layers of meat filled empanadas.
- Jim and Zarela Hamill -- Peruvian Chicken "Anticuchos" (on a stick) & Peruvian Potatoes with an unique spicy sauce.
- Harry and Ana Thoman - Ensalada Rusa with chicken.
- Colin Johnson -- The exotic green topped Guatemalan dish.
- Maria Hromatka -- Ecuadorian fritata (bit-sized pork), baguette bread, and a "mote" (hominy) plate.
- Mike Herrington and Charlie - Two huge containers of Ecuadorian "arroz con pollo" (chicken-rice casserole).
- Al Hindall - Two containers of a very different Colombian yucca stew with tomatoes.
- Mary Beth Mayer and friend Sammy -- Honduran refried beans and cookies.
- Bill Tustin - Brazilian "moqueca" (seafood stewed in coconut milk with peppers and tomatoes)
- Sarah Hodges - Tortillas
Best wishes,Ed HromatkaMay 30 International Dinner Coordinator
- June 20 -- Pot Luck Party with new Peace Corps nominees and PC Office staff at Roger & Kathy Chapin's home in Richardson.
- June 25 -- Happy Hour at the Ginger Man in Uptown Dallas.
972-722-5254 - home
214-564-7201 - cell