548NEEDED: NINE VOLUNTEER COOKS FOR MAY 20's INTERNATIONAL DINNER

    Apr 18, 2006

      The North Texas Peace Corps Association needs cooks for its annual spring International Dinner-Fund Raiser for the Peace Corps Partnership program.  The feast will begin at 6 PM on Saturday, May 20 at Olga Towle's home at 1903 Mill Run Drive, Arlington (near Hurricane Harbor).

      We are again asking nine or ten volunteer cooks to prepare an ethnic dish that can feed 15 or 20 people.  Those who cook (and the cook's spouse/friend) will eat free while the other guests will donate $15 a piece to help support a Peace Corps Partnership project.  Will you volunteer to help cook?

      Unlike past years when all the food at the fund raiser was from a particular region (like Africa or Latin America), this time we are opening the food theme to the entire world.  That is, while you are welcomed to bring a dish from your host country where you served in the Peace Corps, you are also free to bring any ethnic-type food that you want.  We hope to have a bigger variety of unusual foods this way.

      On the other hand, you might want to consider making a dessert or a salad.  (A back-up, alternative dish is also a good idea to offer if you have one in case others plan to make the same dish.)

      Since the entire NTPCA membership is the base for this dinner, we expect that we will have to limit the free dinners to the first nine volunteer cooks.  So please respond quickly with a phone call to Ed Hromatka at 972-722-5254 (home) or 214-564-7201 (cell) or by email to Ed at hromatka@....  Please provide him with your name, phone number, and the name of the dish you intend to make.

      Of course, if you are not interested in cooking ethnic foods, we hope that you will then be attending as a paying guest.

      Don't forget to invite your friends to the party-dinner on May 20.