511Annaul North TX Peace Corps Assc Meeting: Saturday January 28 at 9:30 AM

    Jan 21, 2006

      The North Texas Peace Corps Association  annual meeting is:

       Saturday Morning, January 28
       Roger Chapin's House
       613 Harvest Glen Dr.
       Richardson, TX

      Directions: It is just north of the Richland Community College.  If taking LBJ, exit I-635 -- 3 miles east of US 75 -- on Abrams.  Drive about 1 mile north, turn right on Walnut St., and go about 0.3 miles to Richland Park. Turn left on Richland Park, go 0.25 miles, and then turn right on Harvest Glen, which is about 0.3 miles down.

      Short Version of the Agenda is:

      9:30 - 10:30 AM - Coffee and donuts and informal  chat

      10:30 - 11:45 AM - Peace Corps/Washington, Our 2006 Calendar; our last Peace Corps Partnership Project; our next Peace Corps Partnership Project; Summary on Rio Bravo; Crisis Corps: other volunteer ideas; and  Elections

      11:45 AM - 12:30 PM - Free Pizza and soft drinks
      .

      Status on Kinky Friedman's invitation:  Although RPCV/Borneo Kinky Friedman's staff thought the singer, author and governor candidate would attend, we never received any confirmation -- or any  kind of reply.  Thus, we are working on the assumption that we are probably too small a group to be of interest to him.  (Incidentally, Sixty Minutes is televising a 12- minute report on him this month on CBS.)
      For more info, call Ed Hromatka, 972-722-5254 - home, 214-767-2169 - work, or 214-564-7201 - cell