382New PC Directory

  • chapinr75081
    Feb 18, 2005
      Date: 2/17/2005 10:57:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
      From:Rob Solarion <roberto@...>
      To:North_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com

      Good Evening. Recently I got a postcard asking
      me to update my info in the PC directory. So I
      called this morning and updated everything, such
      as my current email address. The woman told me
      that only those who "pre-order" will be able to
      get a copy of this directory, and that the
      deadline for ordering is May. Whether you get it
      in book form or on CD, it costs $80. To me, that
      seems extremely expensive for such a volume. I
      have an old directory, which (IIRC) cost a third
      that amount. I am not sure whether I want to
      order a copy or not. But one would think that in
      this day and age of "print on demand", the price
      would certainly be less than that. I can't
      imagine why they would have to know exactly how
      many people would order it before they print out
      any copies. It is ridiculous. Comments, anyone?
      Bon Weekend! Roberto