354Reminder - Christmas Party

    Nov 20, 2004

      Christmas Party

      Date: Saturday, December 4, 2004
      Time: 7:00PM - 11:00PM CST (GMT-06:00)

      Tis the season for Santa and his elves and all other Returned
      and Prospective Volunteers, and
      their family, staff, and friends to join to celebrate Christmas!
      (or the Winter Holiday, as you
      may prefer). We are partying at the home of Gary and Judy Zimny
      (he Returned from
      Solomon Islands in 1980, she is a prospective volunteer) on
      Saturday December 4th starting
      at 7:00pm. The address is 3839 Valley Lawn Place, 214-357-8337.
      From the intersection of
      Royal Lane and Midway Road in Dallas go west on Royal 5 blocks
      to Rosser and go right,
      second street is Valley Lawn, go left, it's the second house on
      the right. Please bring a covered
      dish from your country of service (or wherever including
      take-out) for our dinner banquet, and BYOB!
      At past parties we have requested attendees to bring food items
      for donations to the food bank. This year we wish to change our
      focus to assist the Dallas chapter of the International Rescue
      Committee. The IRC works to assist people rebuild their lives in
      post-conflict countries. The Dallas chapter helps new arrivals
      get settled, adjust and acquire the skills to become
      self-sufficient. Many of these refugees arrive with little more
      than they could carry out. What they urgently need are good
      coats and sweaters for winter. If you have some of these old
      items gathering dust please bring them along to donate. If
      don�t have any old clothes items do donate diapers and wipes
      are also in need. Cash is also welcome. To learn more about the
      IRC see their web site at www.theIRC.org.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic