192National Peace Corps Association elections

  • chapinr75081
    May 16, 2003
      For those NTPCA memebers who are also members of the National
      Association should have received a ballot for the election of the
      Board of Directors. These ballots need to be cast by June 15th.
      Running to represent our district, the South Central Region (AR,LA,OK
      TX) is our own Kathy Carson. Kathy has been very active in the NTPCA
      for a number of years. For those who have not had the pleasure of
      meeting Kathy let me introduce her. Kathy was an Education Volunteer
      from 1990-92 in Sierra Leone, West Africa. Upon returning, she went
      back to school and became certified to teach English as a Second
      Language. Kathy worked with refugees through Catholic Charities for 2
      years teaching ESL. Then Peace Corps called again and from 1996-2001,
      she was a recruiter for the Peace Corps in the Dallas office under Dr.
      Morris Baker and Mr. Abel Ruiz. Currently, she is the membership
      coordinator for the North Texas Peace Corps Association. Since
      returning, she has been active with the local North Texas group
      serving in several capacities from newsletter editor to president and
      now with membership. Professionally, she is a teacher with the
      Richardson ISD.

      Our experience of Kathy is one of engaging others and encouraging them
      to participate in the activities of the group. She has said one of
      the things she misses most about recruiting is losing contact with
      other RPCVs. We believe that being centrally located in the region
      will allow her a greater opportunity to visit the groups. She is a
      strong, creative and forward thinking leader. She is fun, lively to
      be with and interested in others.

      Kathy has three grown, married children and 7 grandchildren. She
      lives with her dog, Henry. She enjoys working in her urban garden,
      visiting with family and friends and generally staying busy.

      I strongly encourage you to cast your vote for Kathy as our
      representative on the board.