1723Upcoming Events- Have some Summer Fun with the NTPCA!

    May 24, 2014

      Monday, May 26, Memorial Day Outing/Concert at Flagpole Hill – Organizer Ed H. 214-564-7201

      We are again getting together to enjoy another free Memorial Day concert with the Dallas Symphony. Be sure then to stay to enjoy the great fireworks display afterwards. We meet at Flag Pole Hill, located at 8100 Doran Circle, Dallas, TX.

      To make it simple, it is a half block north of Northwest Highway and Buckner Road – just a mile or so north of White Rock Lake. We will meet for light snacks and drinks around 7 PM near the center top of the hill close to the big tree for the 8 PM concert.  If you can’t find the group, call Ed’s cell phone: 214-564-7201

      Thursday May 29 6:00 PM – Happy Hour Dallas- The Amsterdam Bar and Grill, 841 Exposition Ave.,Dallas TX

      Saturday,  June 14,  6:00 PM -  Dutch Treat Dinner-  The Island Spot – Jamaican Food, 2661 Midway Rd #105, Carrollton TX 75006 - organizer Tanya F. 303-547-5458

      Come on out and celebrate Jamaica (a Peace Corps country since 1962), and our dear friend Wally Good's birthday!    Bring along your family, neighbors and any of your Caribbean food eatin' friends.  All are invited for a night of good food (I recommend the jerk chicken), good conversation and good company.    Jamaican accents are optional!

      Saturday, June 14 – Fort Forth Happy Hour – The Rodeo Goat 2836 Bledsoe (& Currie) Forth Worth TX

      Saturday, June 21 – Annual Pool Party 4:00 PM

      Make a Big Splash at the NTPCA Pool Party this year.

      It is pool party time!  The Texas summer heat is here and it is time to cool off and have some summer fun with the NTPCA.  So grab your floaties, sunblock and swimsuit and let's dive in!

      BYOB: Please bring your favorite beverage or something to mix in the margarita machine!

      FOOD: Bring something to throw on the grill

      KIDS:  Yes!  Bring the kiddos.  The pool is large and there is a pond in the back with paddle boats, this is a party for everyone!

      QUESTIONS: Please call Tanya Ferencak at 303-547-5458.

      Thanks again to Tim Chaney for generously hosting this event!

      Saturday, July 19 5:00 PM Book Club:  Feast of the Goat by Mario Llosa

      The book club is open to all NTPCA members, friends and family.  All are welcome.  Don't worry if you have not read the book, we have the DVD!  :).  Our first book club meeting will focus more on getting together, having a nice dinner and, if there is interest, planning our reading list!

      5:00 PM  Book Club

      6:00 PM Pot luck and dinner.  Bring Caribbean food or other favorite dish to share.  You do not have to attend the book club to attend the pot luck.  All are welcome.

      BYOB: Please bring your favorite beverage.

      Check out our upcoming events on our Yahoo events Calendar!

      Check us out of Facebook

      North Texas Peace Corps Association webpage