1717Nomination Party Saturday, May 17th - Other upcoming events

    May 4, 2014

      Upcoming NTXPCA events!

      Nomination Party:   Saturday, May 17 5:00 PM – Tanya Ferencak’s family home, 5722 Preston Fairways Dr., Dallas TX 75252.  Organizer Tanya F. 303-547-5458

      Calling all current Peace Corps applicants, nominees, invitees, their friends and family and, of course, North Texas RPCV's! Come out and say hello to new and old friends and goodbye to future Volunteers as they begin the experience of a lifetime overseas! Food and Drink will be provided. We will be at the home of Karen Aubrey, mother of RPCV Tanya Ferencak, who has graciously allowed us the use of her home for this annual Peace Corps Celebration!

      FOOD: We need cooks!   Please bring your favorite finger food, cold plate, appetizer or sweets from your country of service to share.

      PICTURES:  Bring your favorite picture of your service either at your site, with your host family or at work.  We will make a collage and share our experiences with the new volunteers on their way.

      BYOB: Please bring your favorite beverage.

      To RSVP please click on the link below:

      Monday, May 26, Memorial Day Outing/Concert at Flagpole Hill – Organizer Ed H. 214-564-7201

      We are again getting together to enjoy another free Memorial Day concert with the Dallas Symphony. Be sure then to stay to enjoy the great fireworks display afterwards. We meet at Flag Pole Hill, located at 8100 Doran Circle, Dallas, TX.   This will be a family friendly event!  Kids are welcome.

      To make it simple, it is a half block north of Northwest Highway and Buckner Road – just a mile or so north of White Rock Lake. We will meet for light snacks and drinks around 7 PM near the center top of the hill close to the big tree for the 8 PM concert.  If you can’t find the group, call Ed’s cell phone: 214-564-7201.

      Thursday, May 29 6:00 PM – Happy Hour Fair Park- The Amsterdam Bar and Grill, 841 Exposition Ave., Dallas TX Organizer Ed – 214-564-7201

      As a social and activity group, we provide an opportunity for RPCVs to meet each other and share common stories and interests, network, and share information about volunteer opportunities. To say nothing of providing an excuse to go out and enjoy some of Dallas's interesting locales!  Come join us at the Amsterdam in Fair Park.

      Upcoming events

      Saturday, June 14,  6:00 PM - Wally's Birthday Dinner-  The Island Spot (Jamaican Food) 2661 Midway Rd #105, Carrollton TX 75006 - organizer Tanya F. 303-547-5458

      Saturday, June 21st, 4:00 PM  Pool Party - Tim Chaney's House - 7044 Royal Lane, Dallas TX 75230.  Organizer Tanya F. 303-547-5458

      Thursday, June 24, 6:00 PM Happy Hour Bishop Arts - Eno's 407 N. Bishop Ave. Dallas 75280 Organizer Ed – 214-564-7201

      Sunday, July 13, 4:00 PM.  Steering Committee - Ozona's 4615 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75206.  Organizer Alexis 214-680-0234

      Saturday, July 19 Book Club and Pot Luck Dinner, location Paula & Vera’s – Book:  Feast of the Goat by Mario Vargas Llosa – organizer Tanya F. 303-547-5458 and Vera G. 9715 Losa Dr - Dallas 75218

      Connect with NTXPCA on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/NorthTexasPeaceCorpsAssociation