1683Volunteer for a Peace Corps Staging Event!

  • Alexis Kanter
    Mar 7, 2014
      Peace Corps will host a staging event next Monday evening, March 10th, and Kate Schwanhausser, Membership and Development Assistant for the NPCA, is requesting volunteers from the North Texas Peace Corps Association to volunteer at this event!

      From Kate:

      It's an exciting opportunity because Google recently donated 1000 Nexus 7 Android tablets to the National Peace Corps Association, and we are distributing them to Peace Corps trainees at their staging event. The tablets are part of program through Peace Corps' Office of Innovation--an RPCV designed an app to help PCVs track data and share information while in country, and these volunteers will help "test-drive" the app with their new Android tablets.

      We'd love it if anyone from your group wanted to attend and lend a hand! Past events have usually started around 7pm and run about an hour. We announce that the trainees will be getting androids (we've gotten some great pictures of surprised faces!), and then we ask them to stop by the table we've set up outside to sign a form and pick up their tablet. It's nice to have volunteers to help facilitate that process, plus the trainees (who will be heading for Costa Rica Tuesday morning) love stopping to chat with the RPCVs.

      Monday's staging will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn near DFW Airport. If anyone would like to come, please send Kate an email directly at kate@....

      Thanks!
      Alexis

      --