1655Tribute to our leaders

  • Ed and Maria Hromatka
    Feb 3, 2014

      Last Saturday, we elected new leaders (and reelected some old ones) to the North Texas Peace Corps Association.

      While we expect that Gary Zimny will be as active with us as ever, he turned his leadership position over to Alexis Kanter, who returned a few months ago from Botswana.  This is definitely a welcomed  generational shift as younger RPCVs become involved.

      To those who not have been very active in the Peace Corps Alumni scene, Gary resurrected the North Texas RPCV group in the early 1990s, led it over a decade, took a few years break, and served as its "facilitator" for the past 4 years.  Thank you, Gary, for your energy and enthusiasm over all these years.

      We also welcome Tanya Ferencak who will be replacing Maya Lechowick as our event coordinator.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic