1376Second call for cooks for the April 21 African International Dinner

    Mar 26, 2012
      Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and internationally minded friends,

      While several of you already responded, we still need a few more people to commit to bringing food for our African ;International dinner on April 21.

      Each cook should bring food for about 15 people. The food can be home-made; google an African recipe if you need to do so.  Or you are welcome to pick up food from an African restaurant, like: http://www.urbanspoon.com/f/13/1200/Dallas-Fort-Worth/African-Restaurants.

      Remember: Cooks attend the dinner and party for free.

      The volunteer cooks should indicate whether they're making (1) a main course, (2) a side, or (3) a dessert.

      Please deliver the food to Kathy Carson's house at 6246 St Albans Dr., Dallas, TX.

      Cooks will need to arrive between 6 and 6:30 PM to help get the food set up for dinner at 7:00. Please bring a serving tool with your dish.   A 4 x 6” card with the name of the dish and country of origin is also fun for our guests because many will ask.

      Please respond to this message or otherwise let Gillian know ASAP (gilliansalad@...) if we can count on you.

      We're going to have a great party and it is for a terrific cause -- the Peace Corps Partnership program!

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic