      I actually live in the Lofts right there where the art festival is.  My landlord helps to host the whole event.  If people are interested, I would love to have you all over before/after for drinks and whatever.

      See you all then!

      Sadie

      On Dec 28, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Erin Finn wrote:

      This sounds great!  I'm a RPCV (Lesotho 03-05) in Fort Worth.  I just finished grad school, so I have more time now.  I would love to team up with other FW RPCVs and help sponsor some events - as was discussed in some previous messages.  Happy new year everyone!

      Erin

      From: Loren Eaton <loren.elizabeth.eaton@...>
      To: North_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 6:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [N Tx Peace Corps] RPCVs in Fort Worth

      Hi-

      I'd like to suggest an activity for the North Texas RPCVs in the area.  Every six months Fort Worth Southside has what they call- Arts Goggle- a "gallery crawl".  They shut down a couple of streets just south of downtown (Magnolia street and Forest Park), turn all the businesses and restaurants into art galleries for local artists, and give out free wine and beer.  It's a great way to support local artists, and have a little fun.  They haven't posted the date yet- but my guess will be that it will happen sometime in Feb. or March.  It's an afternoon/early evening event- but there is always downtown Fort Worth afterwards (free parking garages and free meters).  I know it's early, but wanted to throw it out there if anyone is interested.

      Loren
      Namibia 07-09

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic