      To: North_Texas_Peace_Corps@yahoogroups.com
      From: loren.elizabeth.eaton@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:11:41 -0600
      Subject: Re: [N Tx Peace Corps] RPCVs in Fort Worth

      Hi-

      I'd like to suggest an activity for the North Texas RPCVs in the area.  Every six months Fort Worth Southside has what they call- Arts Goggle- a "gallery crawl".  They shut down a couple of streets just south of downtown (Magnolia street and Forest Park), turn all the businesses and restaurants into art galleries for local artists, and give out free wine and beer.  It's a great way to support local artists, and have a little fun.  They haven't posted the date yet- but my guess will be that it will happen sometime in Feb. or March.  It's an afternoon/early evening event- but there is always downtown Fort Worth afterwards (free parking garages and free meters).  I know it's early, but wanted to throw it out there if anyone is interested.

      Loren
      Namibia 07-09

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic