1251Fort Worth Advocacy Workshop, TCU, Sunday, June 12 at 4 PM

    May 29 5:11 PM

      FYI--

      We are helping the National Peace Corps Association with an important event in Fort Worth.  Since Congressman Granger has such great influence on the Peace Corps budget, we need a good turn out to help increase Peace Corps' funding.  Thus, the NPCA is sending its organizer Jonathan Pearson to Fort Worth on June 12.

      Calling All

      Returned Peace Corps Volunteers

      50 years after it began, the Peace Corps is needed now more than ever.

      You can help ensure Peace Corps’ progress and vitality.

      Fort Worth Advocacy Workshop

      Sunday, June 12th, 2011

      Palko Hall, Room 225

      On the TCU Campus - 3000 Bellaire Drive North (at University Drive)

      4:00 – 6:00 PM

      One of the most important ways you can bring the world back home is by engaging lawmakers and other opinion leaders. During this workshop, National Peace Corps Association Advocacy Coordinator Jonathan Pearson will provide the advocacy basics, from writing a five minute letter to the key steps in organizing an effective advocacy meeting. Get updates on key advocacy issues of the Peace Corps community before Congress, key lawmakers from Texas and some important upcoming dates where you can help make a difference!

      Can’t make the workshop but want to get connected? Join us at Old Rip’s Tex-Mex Restaurant (3105 Cockrell Avenue), beginning at 6:30 PM on June 12.

      To help us plan, please RSVP advocacy@... or 301-891-2146

      Stay Connected: www.peacecorpsconnect.org