1112Vardavar 2010

  • BonnieB
    Jul 2, 2010
      Friends of Armenia will once again be hosting the North Texas Vardavar celebration on Saturday, July 24th, in Arlington, TX. This will be a great time to reconnect with friends, young and old, from Peace Corps/Armenia. It is also a prime "third goal" opportunity - share your stories, memories cultural experiences of Armenia with your family and friends.

      Date: Saturday, July 24, 2010
      Time: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
      Location: Taste of Europe
      Street: 1901 West Pioneer Parkway
      City/Town: Arlington, TX

      For those that have never lived in Armenia, "Vardavar" is a festival where people of all ages drench each other with water. We will use this as a time to come together and share our experiences in Armenia, but in a dry environment (water-wise; there may be vodka).

      Since there are no true Armenian restaurants in DFW, we will go to Taste of Europe in Arlington, which serves authentic Russian cuisine and sells a variety of eastern European food and merchandise.

      Last year we had a great time, and we hope you will join us this year. More information is available on the Friends of Armenia website at http://www.friendsofarmeniaonline.org/vardavar.htm.

      Note: You do not have to be a Friends of Armenia member to join! Feel free to bring your friends and family as well!

      Questions? Contact Bonnie at communications@....