OT: Happy creative New Year

  • Gayle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hello everyone. I am finally able to sit up after a week of the flu.
      I have totally missed the last week of December 2005 ! What a bummer.
      But I did discover how to get over " not in the mood to hook" feeling.
      Have the privelage taken away and unable to do it because you are
      ill...and out of no where you have ideas and desires to hurry and get
      back in there. Now that the flu has flown, I am ready to get to
      hooking again.
      Ruth Ann, I have missed our weekly breakfast meetings. Looking forward
      to making a come back this Saturday.
      My lips look like I have had them injected with saline, like a movie
      star. Any ideas on how to get the fever blisters gone?
      My wish for everyone is for a beautiful, healthful year and more get
      togethers for the group.
      Let's see if yahoo lets this message get through.lol
      See ya, Gayle
      PS: I have yet to find a spell check on this site, so if things are not
      spelled correctly, forgive me.
    • Susan Harper
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
        Hi Gayle!
        Glad you are among the living. Sorry about your lips, but you might
        have your picture taken, since most H'wood types seem to pay dearly
        for that look.

        You know that slut that stole Brad Pitt from Jennifer Aniston has
        those lips. (Sorry, I know it wasn't all her fault...it takes two.)
        I think Jennifer needs to take up rug hooking, don't y'all?

        OK, back to my post...

        I heard a remedy for skin the other day and tried it on my dry
        scalp. Seems cornmeal works wonders for all skin ailments. Dry
        skin with eczema sp? use cornmeal. Acne, use cornmeal...just don't
        scrub with it if you have acne. You might mix up a poultice again
        sp? with tap water, or OLIVE OIL, and apply it. It doesn't cost
        anything to try it. Leave it a bit and wash it off.

        RE: Spelling

        NOW, my experience is that we are not spelling Nazis on this site,
        but we do care about our OWN posts. Research shows that it has to do
        with self-esteem...what kind of speller you are. Some people would
        hate to seem uneducated, or otherwise not well-read. Others don't
        give a rip. I am torn because I teach spelling and reading and
        majored in journalism in college. Spelling is a big deal to me.
        Typos are too, but I ALWAYS seem to make one in my posts!

        Lately, I am more concerned with getting my message out there, not
        being perfect. This rug hooking thing is rubbing off in other areas
        of my life in case you can't tell.

        Would you rather read an imperfect post, or nothing? Perfection is
        paralyzing. MAYBE THAT'S WHY WE HAVE SO FEW POSTS ON THIS SITE, AND
        THEY SEEM TO BE BY THE SAME 5 PEOPLE!

        IDEA!!! LOOK FOR MY NEXT POST.

        HAPPY NEW YEAR.
        SUSAN
      • sisroberts
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
          Susan---Are you telling me you put cornmeal on your your scalp? I
          can't wait to get a look at your hair--

          But what really caught my attention was your absolute
          mischaracterization (sp?) of poor Angelina Jolie. I refuse to
          believe her volopuous lips are not inheirited directly from her
          father (oh what's his name? another actor who also has fat lips).
          And I don't know who her publicist is but in a few more months she
          should be ranked right up there with Mother Teresa as a world
          humanitarian with good ole Brad right by her side.

          Gayle--I'm happy to hear you're going to live. Our Saturday morning
          breakfasts at the restaurant have been subdued without you. We'll be
          looking forward to your return--besides, I want to get a look at
          those lips before they go down. You had asked about my "Texas
          Rug". I did design that rug and I use the word design loosly. I
          collected Texas related pictures; clip art off the internet, etc.
          and sized them to fit in a 6 in square ], traced them off onto
          burlap and started hooking. When it was all done, my Houston
          grandson claimed it for his own and it's probably rolled up in his
          closet as we speak. I'm afraid to ask.

          Yahoo did change around the pictures a bit, didn't they? I was glad
          I took a peek because I was reminded that I was supposed to bring
          out my "Reggie Rat" rug for exposition on New Year's day, so I
          hastily retired the Christmas Poinsettia rug to the closet and
          unfurled the tipsy Reggie Rat to a place of prominence (my husband
          hasn't even noticed yet).

          Hooray, outside of a couple of firecrackers around midnight, I have
          not heard any fireworks today--just wish there was a permanent ban
          with only professionals allowed to have access to them. Ruth Ann
        • Susan Harper
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
            Yes, RuthAnn, I used cornmeal on my scalp and it WORKED. I only
            used it twice, but my problem is GONE! It was a little tough
            washing it out, but I had to be diligent and get it all out cuz it
            was yellow cornmeal...ugh. Someone told me to be careful of my
            drains, but ???that doesn't seem right.

            Sorry to offend you about Jon Voight's daughter. :-) She is a piece
            of work...literally. Yeah, but did Mother Theresa have tattoos? And
            Angelina wore a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood around her neck
            when she was with him.??? What a freak show that was. AJ does a lot
            when the world's cameras are looking.

            Reggie the Rat! That was the cocktail glass with the rodent in it?
            Did you design that pattern?

            Well, gotta go watch the Cowboys. I don't know why, but I do.

            Can't wait til Tuesday night.
            Hook 'em!
            Susan