Sherman Hook-In & flea market find

  • sisroberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2005
      I've got the Sherman Hook-In on June 14th marked on my calendar and am
      looking forward to seeing some of my old friends from Dallas again.
      And from previous experience if I'm going to do justice to the array of
      wonderful salads I'll need to starve for two days beforehand . I think
      everybody should bring multiple copies of their salad recipes to share--
      some were so unique! And Oh yes, I'm looking forward to feasting my
      eyes on all the rugs and picking up a few things from the vendors.

      Thanks Susan for the note from one of your students thanking me for the
      wool donation. Made me feel so good that I'm ready to pull out some
      more for you (if you still need it). I know you mentioned you needed
      cuts in No.6 as well as uncut. I have quite a lot in 4's and 5's. Are
      you interested in those?

      Obviously it doesn't take much to make a rughooker deliriously
      happy .I'm still basking in the afterglow of finding two yards of off
      white Dorr wool (at least I can't tell the difference) in the bottom
      of a box full of fabric at the Flea Market for $2 on Wednesday. That
      has never happened before! I brought it home, compared it to Dorr wool
      I had on hand--even gave it the "Burn test" for determining pure wool.
      And mentally, I've already allocated it for a pattern of a huge
      poinsettia that I've had in the drawer for several years just waiting
      for an incentive to work it. Think I'll complete it by Christmas? Of
      course I will--providing there's no emergencies in the family between
      now and then.

      We have three new rughookers, or would be rughookers who have joined us
      on this list lately. Welcome and don't hesitate to tell us about
      yourselves and what you're working on. If you have any questions
      pertaining to our art, fire away. I'm a relative novice in the art,
      but there are others who can answer any question you might have. I
      notice one of the new ladies is from Shreveport, which evokes sweet
      memories of my mother and all her kin with their solf spoken southern
      brogue. I wonder if there's an organized group of rughookers in
      Shreveport?

      It's been a rainy afternoon here. Perfect for napping and rughooking.
      I've done the former and am now ready to start on the latter. I
      finished the memory rug I started at the April camp and am well into
      the second of the three I promised to make for family members with
      slight variations in each--not by choice but because I never have
      enough of the same wool, not to mention it would be boring.

      Hope to see everybody in Sherman. Ruth Ann
    • Tracy T.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2005
        WELCOME!

        Don't let Ruth Ann fool you. She is not as novice as she would lead
        you to believe. She is very humble, a very capable rughooker and a
        dear friend.

        What's on your frame? Mine is still the agate tile rug that is in
        the "In Progress" folder. I know better than to start anything else.

        Who all are going to try to make it to the Sherman Hook-In? So far so
        good for me. This will be my first time. I am taking a Black-Eyed
        Pea salad and two cameras for the pictures of rugs.

        I can't wait to finally get to put faces with names of the ladies I
        have corresponded with for quite some time now and still have not met.

        I can't wait! Tracy