Re: Have a Question

  • sisroberts
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
      --- In NorthTexasRugHookers@yahoogroups.com, JoAnne Graham
      <jgraham87413@y...> wrote:

      > Thanks Ruth,
      >
      > Now I must ask. What is the shaving cream used for????
      >
      > JoAnne
      >
      > JoAnne,

      All I can tell you about the shaving cream is that's it's just
      another method someone has come up with to dye wool fabic. Dying the
      wool fabric we use in our rugs saves us money as well as achieving
      results we could not buy off the shelf. If you're relatively new in
      the craft , you've probably got lots of questions, so ask away.
      We'll answer or direct you to a site that can . Rug hooking can be
      as simple or involved as you want it to be be, but watch out--it's
      addictive--and a heck of a lot of fun. Ruth Ann
    • tracy_rdh2001
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2004
        JoAnn,

        I've seen shaving cream used in the making of homemade paper once
        before. It seems to me that the shaving cream is used as another way
        to disperse dye. The result was a very suble mottling instead of the
        harsh lines in the traditional scrunch dyeing. That's the best
        answer I have. Can anyone come up with something else? Tracy :-)