Re. rugs in progress.

  • sisroberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Tracy, I've gazed at your rugs for the past half hour trying to come
      up with the answers you need without success. I do think you're
      right about the bowl--mottle the brown or mix it with a lighter shade
      here & there. And the background? Maybe the darkest value of one of
      the flowers.

      Is the "smile rug" an original? I love it but don't have the
      expertise to advise you. You need Lelani. I saw a rug she did a
      couple years ago at Glen Rose in primary colors for a grandchild (or
      least a child) that just blew me away . I think she's going to that
      hook-in in Sherman on the 22nd of July--any chance of you getting off
      work for that? Sheri's also good with color, and you'll see her soon
      too.

      I got all cleaned up for a ladies' guild meeting at church tonight,
      drove that 12 miles into town only to discover the meeting is next
      week, but as I explained to my surprised husband when I returned
      early, that I at least got the Tuesday part right. Darn--the
      bulletin
      said they were having pizza tonight,too----no, next Tuesday night.

      Any word from Cheryl?

      Ruth Ann
    • tdtracy1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
        Yes, the smilequilt is an original. In the beginning, the blank
        spaces were going to have dental related items in them since I want
        to hang it in my office. I do not have the expertise right now to
        get the items to be recognizable by other people. I will probably
        email Lelani tomorrow. I just finished emailing Cheryl finally. Did
        I tell you I got "Harriett's Rosemauling" stool cover ordered from
        Carol Kasaras on Monday? I can't wait till it gets here. Don't feel
        bad about going to your meeting on the wrong day, sweetie. I'm
        younger than you and I do that every little whipstitch. I hope you
        and everyone else has a fun safe 4th of July. Take care. Hugs,
        Tracy :-)