Are you ok?/ question

  • gaylex2
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
      How is everyone doing? Retired folks don't have to worry about getting out in this weather, but my heart goes out to the working people. Been there and done that as we all have at one time or another.
      The "black ice" is so tricky on streets and pourches. Hope everyone has food and heat. We haven't used the fireplace due to the high winds that blow the smoke back into the house. But, soon the wind will still, and the fire will feel so good. QUESTION: What are you doing to pass the time?(we can only clean our house so much) How are you staying warm? Any good stories from past dealing with weather? Take care and stay safe. Gayle
    • Alleen Stephenson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
        We are doing ok!   Just wishing for spring!!  We had a rude awaking this morning with a power outage-   Just off about 18 min or so!   Makes you appreciate all the times we turn on a switch and everything works!!

      • Ruth A
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2011
          We haven't suffered during this "winter blast", but I must admit I'm ready to get out and about again. I've hooked all the motifs on my 33 x55 Rose of Sharon rug, but need to dye three yards of wool for the background before I can continue. I've never dyed that much material at once--guess I'll plan on doing half at a time. The only problem with that is getting both halves to come out the same. Oh well, close is good. Has to be.

          Gayle, you still haven't come after wool I promised you--and I still have your book. Won't be home tomorrow, though. Gotta take a carless friend to bank and grocery shopping, then Bill and I are going to try out the new Mexican restaurant in Burleson for lunch. Can't wait! Ruth Ann