Cleaning a vintage rug...how?

  • radiorug
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hello group,

      I bought a vintage rug (probably made in the 30's). It's on burlap of
      course and could use a cleaning. It's been walked on., but is in
      pretty good condition. I bought it from an antique dealer who bought
      it at an estate sale.
      The rug has supposedly been in a plastic bag for years....maybe moth
      control? I haven't seen any moths or damage.
      Tell me what you do when you buy a vintage rug you want to lightly
      clean and mothproof....This is my first old rug.

      Pam