Home page photo

  • sisroberts
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2007
      Tracy, what a clever idea to post all the pansy mats from our group--
      and there's not a cull among them! I have a view out my kitchen window
      of a rusty old wheelbarrow filled with brightly blooming pansies that
      are much like those. One of these days I may do a whole rug filled with
      nothing but pansies! Of course that's assumming I ever
      finish "Chilcott". I'm taking a sabbatical right now to permit my
      hands to recuperate from "over hooking". Dr. Stevenson (Alleen) from
      our guild gave my hands a hot wax treatment today that was sooo
      soothing--I may have to invest in one of those delightful gadgets or
      else threaten to turn her in for practicing medicine without a license
      if she doesn't pamper me every week with a treatment.

      I'm going to try to post a picture of Chilcott in the "In Progress"
      folder taken with my old camera. I'm beginning to think, Tracy, that
      smaller is not always better, at least in cameras. (Don't tell the
      daughter who gave it to me). Ruth Ann
    • Tracy
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        Ruth Ann,
        After the spectacular picture of Bluebonnets you sent me, it wouldn't
        upset me if you sent a picture of those pansies.

        Have you had any luck in finding out what "Chilcott" represents? I
        bet Carol K. would know. Does Gayle have any thoughts? What did you
        girls decide would be Galye's next project? Did we ever solve
        the "Ipswich" mystery?

        More than likely the Wildflower bus tour this weekend will be
        cancelled soooooo I guess the only thing left to do on a windy rainy
        Saturday is dye. Oh, darn the bad luck ;-) That would kind of make
        up for not getting to go. Tomorrow morning I will be ordering 4 more
        ProChem dyes to add to the 26 dyes needed for the Multiple Fusion
        Spots kit.

        I'm at a stand still with the Kitten in Flowers rug until I get the
        use of my scanner back. Long story, don't ask. I need it to do the
        lettering of the little girls name that will go on the piece.

        Are you going to be around in June? Would that be a good month for
        me to invite myself over and take a look at your camera? If I can
        use a Kodak EasyShare camera so can you! Your secret is safe with me.

        Happy Hooking, Tracy
      • Janie Staples

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2007
            Gayle did extensive research on "Chilcott" origin for me on the
            internet with no results. I don't suppose every rug name has to have a
            history--they just sell better if they have a name rather than a
            number. I forgot to ask Gayle this morning at breakfast what she 's
            working on; just know she's still at it and enjoying it. You know our
            Gayle is the weather contact person in Cleburne for the local TV
            stations and our wild weather has made her a popular lady lately. I
            don't know what all that involves but the TV guys are always quoting
            her weather statistics for Cleburne.

            Three of our four children and two grandchildren came out today to help
            celebrate my birthday. As usual the celebration turned into a "roast"
            as we sat around the table and I got to hear again how I "abused" them
            as children; No sodas in the fridge, oatmeal for breakfast until they
            turned 25, home haircuts until they revolted, only one Twinkie each in
            the lunch sack, etc., etc.,. It's a wonder they even survived! I told
            them they should save all that stuff for my obituary, to which they
            replied they were saving the really good stuff for that. It was a fun
            day--but I'm glad my birthday just comes once a year! Ruth Ann