Re: San Antonio?

  • Susan Harper
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Well, your 4.8 inches of rain were probably why we spent at many
      hours on an airplane home! D/FW was shut down abou 20 minutes
      before we were due to land. Then we were diverted to Austin, where
      we sat. Then we sat. Then we took off. Then they gave our gate
      away. Flight left at 2:13. I got home after 7:30 and I am VERY
      close to the airport. That punctuated the trip.

      It was GREAT! The goodies were great. Little bags for our hooks
      and needfuls. Won a door prize, but gave it back. Airline or TSA
      bent my Townsend cutter plate, so I would not even entertain the
      idea of bringing home a glass vase on the plane.

      The projects were beautiful. The people were nice and so
      accommodating. I think Bea's class had the prettiest projects. I
      was in Carol's and it was quite good, but Bea's just shone like
      beacons of color.

      We ate at Bee's Mexican food every time the doors were open. Don't
      ask about a diet. We even went for migas on Sunday morn before we
      left.

      They did early registration for next year and 70 people signed up
      RIGHT then. There were about 90 in attendance. Next year, Anita
      White is teaching! Over 30 early registered for her, so I guess I
      won't get in that one. I would love to have Bea again, or there
      might be another teacher that says "Yes!"

      It was a great weekend, overall. Of course with my friends there, it
      was a blast. OH< one of my dear friends bought us copies of The
      Haunted Rectory about the hookers that meet at the Catholic
      church...it was a fun read.

      All in all, it was fun.
    • Janie Staples